This edition: Gates Avenue Project (Brooklyn)Tweet
Original tape date: December 6, 2002.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, discusses the Gates Avenue Project. The work that is underway in Bedford Stuyvesant, Brooklyn is critical, inspiring and a great success. Three instrumental individuals, Charlotte Rodgers, Angela Hope-Weusi and Sanyahu Sheps Amare, join Mr. Jones to speaks about their contributions to the community project.
Angela Hope-Weusi Director, Gates Avenue Project (CSS)
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
Charlotte Rodgers Director, Gates Avenue Project
Sanyakhu Shep-Amare Program Development/Career Development worker, Long Life Information & Referral Network, Inc.
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Major R. Owens and Nydia M. Velazquez on welfare and housing subsidy programs
- Wednesday, August 15 - 4:30am
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am