This edition: Betsy GotbaumTweet
Original tape date: April 4, 2003.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, interviews New York City’s Public Advocate Betsy Gotbaum on today’s show. The Public Advocate helps citizens with any government issues they may have; Gotbaum details examples of New Yorkers her office has helped and outlines some citizen rights. Issues with 311 and problems the Public Advocate’s office has faced are discussed, as well.
Betsy Gotbaum New York Public Advocate
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Restructuring Welfare in NYS
- Wednesday, June 20 - 4:30am