This edition: Economic Impact on New Yorkers
Original tape date: May 9, 2003.
Budget cutbacks are taking effect, taxes are going up, the transit fare was increased and unemployment continues to rise. Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, explains who will be most affected. To help Mr. Jones fully understand the severity of the issue Meryl Kordower, Patrick Markee, and Margaret Purvis.
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Restructuring Welfare in NYS
- Wednesday, June 20 - 4:30am