This edition: Community Health Centers.Tweet
Original tape date: October 17, 2003.
Community health centers are primary health care providers for many poor and working class families in New York City. Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, welcomes Ronda Kotelchuck and Judy Wessler, two extraordinary public health advocates, to discuss the importance of primary care. Additionally, they explain the unique benefits of these facilities and the obstacles they face on a regular basis.
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
Ronda Kotelchuck Primary Care Development Corporation
Judy Wessler Policy Coodinator, Public Health System Comm.
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Major R. Owens and Nydia M. Velazquez on welfare and housing subsidy programs
- Wednesday, August 15 - 4:30am
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Restructuring Welfare in NYS
- Wednesday, June 20 - 4:30am