This edition: Raising the Minimum WageTweet
Original tape date: February 10, 2004.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, interviews Paul Sonn of the Brennan Center for Justice and Mark Alesse of the National Federation of Independent Business. They discuss the current campaign to raise New York State’s minimum wage from $5.15 an hour to $7.10 an hour by 2006.
Mark Alesse Director, The National Federation of Independent Business
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
Paul K. Sonn Associate Counsel, Brennan Center for Justice/NYU School of Law
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Restructuring Welfare in NYS
- Wednesday, June 20 - 4:30am