This edition: Adolfo Carrion, Bronx Borough PresidentTweet
Original tape date: March 22, 2004.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, discusses the results of two CSS surveys with the Bronx Borough President, Adolfo Carrion. The first survey of about 1,000 low income people found that about half had major issues with housing, unemployment, and having their utilities cut off. The second survey found that about half of black men and a third of Latino men in New York City are currently unemployed. Carrion details how this effects the Bronx in particular; the Bronx has the highest unemployment rate in NYC.
Adolfo Carrion Jr. Bronx Borough President
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Restructuring Welfare in NYS
- Wednesday, June 20 - 4:30am