This edition: Jack Newfield, New York Sun; Glenn Thrush, NewsdayTweet
Original tape date: April 12, 2004.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, interviews journalists Jack Newfield and Glenn Thrush, both of whom focus their work on New York’s poor. They discuss what about the poor is considered newsworthy by the press and how low income New Yorkers are portrayed in the press.
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
Jack Newfield Reporter, New York Post
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Major R. Owens and Nydia M. Velazquez on welfare and housing subsidy programs
- Wednesday, August 15 - 4:30am
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Restructuring Welfare in NYS
- Wednesday, June 20 - 4:30am