This edition: The Experience CorpsTweet
Original tape date: May 11, 2004.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, begins this episode by showing a short film about the Experience Corps, a program run by CSS. The Experience Corps works to pair older adult volunteers with first and second grade students who are having trouble reading. Jones then interviews the CEO of the National Experience Corps Program John Gomperts and the Project Director of the CSS Experience Corps Program Kemba Tamar. They discuss the program on a national level and on a local level here in New York City.
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Major R. Owens and Nydia M. Velazquez on welfare and housing subsidy programs
- Wednesday, August 15 - 4:30am
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Restructuring Welfare in NYS
- Wednesday, June 20 - 4:30am