This edition: C. Virginia Fields, Manhattan Borough PresidentTweet
Original tape date: January 11, 2005.
On this episode of Urban Agenda, host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, welcomes C. Virginia Fields, Manhattan borough president as well as long time advocate on behalf of the poor. The two friends discuss their long and intertwined careers. In addition they speak about the upcoming mayoral election and homelessness/ affordable housing in all five boroughs.
C. Virginia Fields President & CEO, National Black Leadership Commission on AIDS
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Major R. Owens and Nydia M. Velazquez on welfare and housing subsidy programs
- Wednesday, August 15 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Restructuring Welfare in NYS
- Wednesday, June 20 - 4:30am