This edition: Noreen Connell on NYC's educational systemTweet
Original tape date: September 8, 1999.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, discusses the quality of New York City's educational system with Noreen Connell, Executive Director of the Educational Priorities Panel. The Educational Priorities Panel conducted a study of New York City's schools to determine what makes a better NYC public school. Connell outlines the three major factors: principal, staff and student work ethic, engagement in curriculum and an emphasis on writing.
Noreen Connell Executive Director, Educational Priorities Panel
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Major R. Owens and Nydia M. Velazquez on welfare and housing subsidy programs
- Wednesday, August 15 - 4:30am
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Restructuring Welfare in NYS
- Wednesday, June 20 - 4:30am