This edition: C. Virginia Fields on expanding Manhattan's economy to outer boroughsTweet
Original tape date: May 10, 1999.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, discusses allowing Manhattan's booming economy to reach New York City's outer boroughs with C. Virginia Fields, Manhattan Borough President. The two discuss forward movement in education through a program to team principals and educators with parents to reach maximum potential. Field explains, however, that other issues with education and public health care still exist and are not moving in a positive direction because of major NY State budget cuts.
C. Virginia Fields President, Manhattan Borough
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Major R. Owens and Nydia M. Velazquez on welfare and housing subsidy programs
- Wednesday, August 15 - 4:30am
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Restructuring Welfare in NYS
- Wednesday, June 20 - 4:30am