This edition: Julia Erickson on the services provided by NYC's City HarvestTweet
Original tape date: January 13, 1999.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, discusses the origin of and services provided by City Harvest, an NYC-based emergency food program, with Julia Erickson, Executive Director of City Harvest. Erickson explains how City Harvest was founded in NYC in 1982 and how it has expanded to 140 programs that serve the U.S. and Canada. She says that in addition to providing emergency food to the hungry, City Harvest hopes to inform citizens about hunger and about those who are hungry.
Julia Erickson Exec. Director, City Harvest
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am