This edition: Ronnie Eldridge on the restriction of civil liberties by Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's administrationTweet
Original tape date: January 1, 1999.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, discusses the restriction of civil liberties by Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's administration with Ronnie Eldridge, New York City Councilmember of Manhattan. Eldridge charges Mayor Giuliani's administration with trends toward curbing New York City's public's "right to know." She charges the administration with awarding contracts in a "closed way," restricting information that should flow to the press and to the public and restricting access to New York City Hall under the guise of security.
Ronnie M. Eldridge NYC Councilmember
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Major R. Owens and Nydia M. Velazquez on welfare and housing subsidy programs
- Wednesday, August 15 - 4:30am
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Restructuring Welfare in NYS
- Wednesday, June 20 - 4:30am