This edition: Michael Rochford and Richard Perez on NYC's endangered neighborhoodsTweet
Original tape date: January 1, 1998.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, discusses NYC's endangered neighborhoods with Michael Rochford, Executive Director of the St. Nicholas Neighborhood Preservation Corporation and Richard Perez, Director of Community Development at the Community Service Society of New York. Rochford and Perez describe the conditions in NYC's Williamsburg, Greene Point and Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhoods. Rochford discusses the services offered by the St. Nicholas Neighborhood Preservation Corporation. Rochford and Perez agree that more help from the NYC and NY State governments is needed to support NYC's housing infrastructure.
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
Richard Perez Director of Community Development, The Community Service Society
Mr. Michael Rochford Executive Director, St. Nicholas Neighborhood Preservation Corporation
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Major R. Owens and Nydia M. Velazquez on welfare and housing subsidy programs
- Wednesday, August 15 - 4:30am
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Restructuring Welfare in NYS
- Wednesday, June 20 - 4:30am