This edition: Dr. Gary Natriello on NY State's Regents Examinations reformTweet
Original tape date: January 1, 1998.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, discusses new educational standards set by the NY State Regents Examinations reform with Dr. Gary Natriello, Professor of Sociology and Education at Columbia University Teachers College. Dr. Natriello describes a report he conducted (ordered by the Community Service Society of New York) that studies the preparedness of the NY State educational system to allow students to meet the new Regents Examinations standards. Dr. Natriello also explains that under the Regents Examinations reform, NY State hopes to have a greater impact on urban schools.
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
Dr. Gary Natriello Professor, Columbia University Teachers College
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Major R. Owens and Nydia M. Velazquez on welfare and housing subsidy programs
- Wednesday, August 15 - 4:30am
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am