This edition: The best of "The Urban Agenda" from 1998Tweet
Original tape date: January 1, 1998.
In a series of highlights from the 1998 season of "The Urban Agenda," host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York discusses welfare and work for NYC's poor population, neighborhood revitalization for NYC's endangered communities, and NYC's public health care system. He is joined by Shelly Nortz, Deputy Executive at the Coalition for the Homeless; Irwin Garfinkel, Mitchell I. Ginsberg Professor of Contemporary Urban Problems at the Columbia University School of Social Work and co-founding director of the Columbia Population Research Center; Dr. Hector Cordero-Guzman, assistant professor at the New School University; Honorable Jerrold Nadler, U.S. Congress (D-NY); Michael Rochford, Executive Director of the St. Nicholas Neighborhood Preservation Corporation; Judy Wessler, Policy Coordinator of the Commission for the Public's Health System; C. Virginia Fields, Manhattan Borough President; and Douglas Criscitello, Director of New York City Independent Budget Office.
Dr. Hector Cordero-Guzman Assistant Professor, New School for Social Research
Dir. Douglas Criscitello Director, New York City Independent Budget Office
C. Virginia Fields President, Manhattan Borough
Irwin Garfinkel Mitchell I. Ginsberg Professor of Contemporary Urban Problems , Columbia School of Social Work
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
Hon. Jerrold Nadler Congressmen, US Congress (D) NY
Shelly Nortz Deputy Executive, Coalition for the Homeless
Mr. Michael Rochford Executive Director, St. Nicholas Neighborhood Preservation Corporation
Judy Wessler Policy Coodinator, Public Health System Comm.
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Major R. Owens and Nydia M. Velazquez on welfare and housing subsidy programs
- Wednesday, August 15 - 4:30am
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Restructuring Welfare in NYS
- Wednesday, June 20 - 4:30am