This edition: John Bess on tax cuts affecting NYC's youth servicesTweet
Original tape date: January 1, 1995.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, discusses the effects of NY State and City tax cuts on the city's youth services with John Bess, founder and CEO of The Valley youth agency. Bess also describes why NYC's youth services are necessary and how the services are valuable. He explains how The Valley youth agency started, the services The Valley offers young people and why it is important for New Yorkers to keep young people active and educated.
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Restructuring Welfare in NYS
- Wednesday, June 20 - 4:30am