This edition: Major R. Owens and Nydia M. Velazquez on welfare and housing subsidy programsTweet
Original tape date: January 1, 1995.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, discusses welfare and housing subsidy programs and how they impact the poor with Representative Major R. Owens, Congressman from New York's 11th District, and Representative Nydia M Velazquez, Congresswoman from New York's 12th District. Rep. Owens and Rep. Velazquez explain how welfare and housing subsidies are implemented. They also propose a comprehensive plan to help the poor by addressing issues that include jobs, training and health care benefits.
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
Major R. Owens Congressman , New York, 11th District
Hon. Nydia Velazquez Congresswoman, New York, 12th District
- Major R. Owens and Nydia M. Velazquez on welfare and housing subsidy programs
- Wednesday, August 15 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am