This edition: Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poorTweet
Original tape date: January 1, 1995.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, discusses New York City's legal obligation to provide adequate education to the city's poor with Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr., Director for the Center for Urban Education Policy at the CUNY Graduate School, and Juan Cartagena, Community Service Society of New York (CSS) General Counsel. Dr. Brown, Jr. and Cartagena explain how school governance should incorporate more community involvement. They also describe how school funding should be reformulated to provide schools with funds to meet specific needs.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Juan Cartagena General Council, Community Service Society
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
- Major R. Owens and Nydia M. Velazquez on welfare and housing subsidy programs
- Wednesday, November 15 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, November 22 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, November 1 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, November 8 - 4:30am