This edition: Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cutsTweet
Original tape date: January 1, 1995.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, discusses how NYC's support programs for the elderly, poor and sick are effected by budget cuts with Ruth Messinger, Manhattan Borough President. Messinger explains that if services helping NYC's elderly, poor and sick are cut, businesses will leave and NYC will be less equipped to help itself out. She also explains that in order to fight for fewer budget cuts, awareness must be created regarding the city's successful support programs. Jones adds that budget cuts to the city's support programs puts all NYC residents at risk.
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
Ruth W. Messinger President, Manhattan Borough
- Major R. Owens and Nydia M. Velazquez on welfare and housing subsidy programs
- Wednesday, November 15 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, November 22 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, November 1 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, November 8 - 4:30am