This edition: Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfareTweet
Original tape date: January 1, 1995.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, discusses the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare with Megan E. McLaughlin, Executive Director of the Federation of Protestant Welfare Agencies. McLaughlin describes the proposal set forth by the 104th Session of Congress to dismantle the welfare system, deny support to mothers under 18 and place young children into orphanages. She concludes the discussion by advocating that citizens become informed about welfare and welfare policy.
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
Megan McLaughlin Executive Director, Federation of Protestant Welfare Agencies
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am