This edition: Speaker Gifford Miller on the work of the New York City CouncilTweet
Original tape date: November 15, 2002.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, discusses the work of the New York City Council with Gifford Miller, Speaker of the New York City Council. Speaker Miller describes proposed budget cuts and how they would affect New York City's poor and city services. He also describes the effects of a proposed property tax increase and subway fare increase. Additionally, Speaker Miller explains the relationship between the New York City Council and the New York State government.
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
Gifford Miller Speaker, New York City Council
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, March 21 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, March 28 - 4:30am
- David Dinkins
- Wednesday, April 4 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, April 11 - 4:30am
- City Issues
- Wednesday, April 18 - 4:30am