This edition: Joe Weisbord and Ronald Shiffman on New York City's housingTweet
Original tape date: October 4, 2002.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, discusses New York City's housing with Joe Weisbord, Staff Director for Housing First, and Ronald Shiffman, Professor at the Pratt Institute and Director and Co-Founder of the Pratt Center for Community and Environmental Development. Weisbord and Shiffman explain the issues facing New York City housing, including rising housing costs, stagnant incomes for middle- and lower-class New Yorkers, dropping housing production, and an all-time low in government involvement in production and preservation of NYC housing.
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
Ronald Shiffman Director Emeritus, Pratt Institute
Joe Weisbord Staff Director, Housing First
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am