This edition: Ronald Hayduk and Juan Cartagena on voter registrationTweet
Original tape date: May 10, 2002.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, discusses voter registration with Ronald Hayduk, Political Science Professor at CUNY's Manhattan Community College, and Juan Cartagena, General Counsel of the Community Service Society of New York. Hayduk and Cartagena describe the Voter Assistance Commission's (VAC) mission and services and discuss the budget cuts facing VAC. They also explain how The Motor Voter Act doesn't effectively assist voter registration in New York City.
Juan Cartagena General Council, Community Service Society
Ronald Hayduk Professor of Political Science, Borough of Manhattan Community College/CUNY
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Major R. Owens and Nydia M. Velazquez on welfare and housing subsidy programs
- Wednesday, August 15 - 4:30am
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Restructuring Welfare in NYS
- Wednesday, June 20 - 4:30am