This edition: Paul Sonn and Bertha Lewis on paying working people a living wageTweet
Original tape date: March 8, 2002.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, discusses paying working people a living wage with Paul Sonn, Associate Counsel at the Brennan Center for Justice at the NYU School of Law, and Bertha Lewis, CEO and Chief Organizer of the Association for Community Organizations for Reform (ACORN). Sonn and Lewis describe a proposed living wage ordinance for New York City. They explain who would be eligible and what businesses would be required to cooperate under the proposed living wage ordinance.
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
Bertha Lewis Executive Director, New York Chapter, ACORN
Paul K. Sonn Associate Counsel, Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am