This edition: Edmund McMahon and James Parrott on raising taxes in New York CityTweet
Original tape date: April 12, 2002.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, discusses raising taxes in New York City with Edmund McMahon, Senior Fellow at the Center for Civic Innovation at the Manhattan Institute, and James Parrott, Deputy Director and Chief Economist of the Fiscal Policy Institute. McMahon and Parrott describe New York City's budget deficit, Mayor Bloomberg's proposed spending cuts, how to balance NYC's budget and the risk of driving out businesses in NYC as a result of raising city taxes.
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
E.J. McMahon Senior Fellow, Center for Civic Innovation, The Manhattan Institute
James Parrott Chief Economist, Fiscal Policy Institute
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Major R. Owens and Nydia M. Velazquez on welfare and housing subsidy programs
- Wednesday, August 15 - 4:30am
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Restructuring Welfare in NYS
- Wednesday, June 20 - 4:30am