This edition: John Flateau, Lucia Gomez and Glen Magpantay on the 2000 censusTweet
Original tape date: June 11, 2001.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, discusses the 2000 census with John Flateau, Director of the Census Information Center at Medgar Evers College/CUNY; Lucia Gomez, Civic Participation Coordinator at the Puerto Rican Legal Defense and Education Fund; and Glen Magpantay, Staff Attorney at the Asian American Legal Defense Fund. Flateau, Gomez and Magpantay describe theories behind ethnic groups being undercounted in the census. They also discuss how the census results are and aren't represented in the city and state governments.
John Flateau, PhD Director, DuBois Bunche Center for Public Policy, Medgar Evers College/CUNY
Ms. Lucia Gómez-Jiménez Civic Participation Coordinator , Puerto Rican Legal Defense and Education Fund
Glenn D. Magpantay, Esq. Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Restructuring Welfare in NYS
- Wednesday, June 20 - 4:30am