This edition: Representative Nydia Velazquez on Congress and urban communitiesTweet
Original tape date: March 2, 2001.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, discusses Congress and urban communities with Representative Nydia Velazquez, U.S. Congresswoman for New York's 12th Congressional District. Velazquez explains how the Republican-controlled Congress may impact urban communities. She also discusses Congress's approach to the federal housing policy and what Congress should do to help the poor.
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
Hon. Nydia Velazquez Congresswoman, New York, 12th District
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am