This edition: Susan J. Ellis on volunteerismTweet
Original tape date: October 6, 2000.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, discusses volunteerism with Susan J. Ellis, President of Energize, Inc. Ellis describes volunteerism and the benefits and effects of volunteerism in New York City. She also explains virtual volunteering and how the Internet impacts volunteerism. Ellis and Jones finish their conversation by discussing what the government can do to influence volunteerism.
Susan J. Ellis President, Energize Inc.
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Restructuring Welfare in NYS
- Wednesday, June 20 - 4:30am