This edition: H. Carl McCall on the working poorTweet
Original tape date: October 6, 2000.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, discusses the working poor with H. Carl McCall, New York State Comptroller. McCall explains that the key to aiding the working poor is by putting government funds into education and job training. He describes how a possible downturn in the economy could affect the working poor. McCall notes that the New York State government must increase affordable housing and strengthen health care for the working poor.
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
Mr. H. Carl McCall Comptroller, New York State
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am
- Dr. Ralph da Costa Nunez on homelessness and youth-at-risk in NYC
- Wednesday, July 25 - 4:30am
- Ruth Messinger on NYC's support program budget cuts
- Wednesday, August 1 - 4:30am
- Dr. Roscoe C Brown, Jr. and Juan Cartagena on education for NYC's poor
- Wednesday, August 8 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Restructuring Welfare in NYS
- Wednesday, June 20 - 4:30am