This edition: William Bratton on the New York City Police DepartmentTweet
Original tape date: May 10, 2000.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, discusses the New York City Police Department with William Bratton, ex-New York City Police Commissioner. Bratton describes crime in New York City and how the city reduced the crime rate. He explains the NYPD's principles to policing urban communities and comments on the oppression in minority communities. Jones and Bratton discuss how to keep the city's youth out of trouble. Bratton finishes by commenting on critical reports of the NYPD.
Commissioner William Bratton Ex-NYC Police Commissioner
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am