This edition: H. Carl McCall on the New York State budget and how it affects NYC's poor populationTweet
Original tape date: March 8, 2000.
Host, David R. Jones, President of the Community Service Society of New York, discusses the New York State budget and how it affects NYC's poor population with H. Carl McCall, New York State Comptroller. McCall describes the proposed New York State budget, specifically highlighting the budget's allocations for health care and health insurance for the city's poor. He explains how he believes the NY State budget is not focused on meeting the critical needs of New York City's poverty.
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
Mr. H. Carl McCall Former Comptroller, New York State
- What's Ahead for the African American Culture History?
- Wednesday, June 27 - 4:30am
- Wednesday, July 4 - 4:30am
- Derrick Bell on racism
- Wednesday, July 11 - 4:30am
- Megan E. McLaughlin on the 104th Session of Congress's approach to welfare
- Wednesday, July 18 - 4:30am